Waukee Second High School
Waukee 2nd High School was designed and built to accommodate the district’s rapid enrollment growth. It sits on approximately 100 acres, is 382,000 sf and will support 1,800 students with it’s opening in the fall of 2021. It is the largest high school in the state of Iowa. Some highlights of this project include:
- A single secure entry for students, staff and visitors.
- 2-story commons space that serves as a hub for school activity and interaction.
- Learning stair that connects the two upper levels.
- 2-story media center that creates a visual connection to the outdoors.
- 3-story academic wings that flank the media center and extend to the commons area.
- Gymnasium and auxiliary gym are adjacent to each other to create one larger space with an operable wall.
- Auditorium can seat 1,000 and includes a 2-floor balcony.
- Outdoor athletic facilities include a football stadium, 4 practice fields, 12 tennis courts, 1 competition baseball and 1 practice baseball field, as well as 1 competition softball field and 1 practice softball field.
- Contract Amount: $121,215,330.96